Uganda Farmers Contend with Seeds of Uncertainty
May 23rd, 2011 | By pricks | Category: Photos, Student Work
photographs by Gerald Businge Ateenyi
Photograph captions in order:
1. T. D. Shankar, the General manager of East Africa Seeds at his office.
2. Small holder farms in Kanungu, western Uganda
3. Marriam Nalubega, a Product Development Officer at Africa Seeds shows one of their seed nurseries where mother seeds are planted before being put on the market for all farmers to plant.
4. A new maize variety being pretested at a nursery by Elshadai seeds Uganda
5.Sarah Lakena shows spreads her millet harvest. She has to keep some of it for use as seeds to plant the next season
6. Part of Kisembo’s garden where the beans failed to germinate well as he expected
7. Good seeds are vital for such a good crop
To view videos on this topic, please click here.